EFW Support

Support => EFW SMTP, HTTP, SIP, FTP Proxy Support => Topic started by: Kajowas on Thursday 18 October 2018, 06:43:10 pm



Title: DNS Anti spyware list don't update since september on EFW 3.2.5
Post by: Kajowas on Thursday 18 October 2018, 06:43:10 pm
Hello,
I noticed that on my EFW 3.2.5 the anti spyware list don't update any more.

I set the update on daily basis (from Proxy-DNS-AntiSpyware) and found the task  "blackholedns" in /etc/anacron.daily
(If I change to weekly basis, the task moves correctly to /etc/anacron.monthly)

But even If I run manually the "blackholedns" task, which in reality is a link to /usr/local/bin/getblackholedns, nothing seems to happen and anit-spyware list is always stuck at September 2018.
(I see it from the main page of the web UI, or even from the date of the file  /var/signature/dnsmasq/phishtank.csv which seems to be the file that needs to be updated regularly)

My knowledge stops when looking at the "usr/local/bin/getblackholedns" which use a so-called "internal engine" and send a command "restart getblackholedns" but I can't see if it works or not.

Do somebody have some hints for me? What could I have to check furtherly?


Title: Re: DNS Anti spyware list don't update since september on EFW 3.2.5
Post by: Dark-Vex on Monday 22 October 2018, 06:13:04 pm
Hello!

did you tried to run getblackholedns with debug and force option?

/usr/local/bin/getblackholedns -fd

After launch it, try to check /var/log/endian/jobsengine


Title: Re: DNS Anti spyware list don't update since september on EFW 3.2.5
Post by: Kajowas on Tuesday 23 October 2018, 12:11:22 am
Hello, thank you!
I just tried what you told me and with the option -fd it seems to work....

The list has been updated and obviously the log is ok...

Don't know why it didn't worked without the -fd option...

I will check tomorrow if the list now will update daily or not.


Title: Re: DNS Anti spyware list don't update since september on EFW 3.2.5
Post by: Kajowas on Tuesday 23 October 2018, 08:36:37 pm
Ok. small update.
Today I tried without the "f" option, but only with 'd'. It worked.
(Only with "debug" mode and not "forced" mode)

I tried two times and found that it downloads the file only if it has changed from the previous download, so the second trial was correctly unsuccesful. (No changes in the remote list).

I don't know when anacron daily triggers the download command, but I guess it will be after 24h from the previous command. So I will check again tomorrow at this time or so.