Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Saturday 27 April 2024, 12:15:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the official Endian Community Mailinglist  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  Installation Support
| | |-+  Can't connect to Endian after installation.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can't connect to Endian after installation.  (Read 11676 times)
phoozle

« on: Wednesday 11 November 2009, 09:16:08 pm »

I noticed a few other posts with a similar issue but none seemed to have any helpful information.

Basically after the installation I connect to the Endian server with it's ip and both Chrome and Firefox fail to connect.

I did an nmap to confirm that I can see it on the network and according to nmap:
All 1000 scanned ports on 192.168.0.254 are filtered

I have plugged 2 different Ethernet cables into all 3 different Ethernet ports on my server and all failed to direct me to the configuration page.

When I ran ifconfig I noticed only br0 had an ip while eth0,eth1 and eth2 don't have any.
I've also reinstalled Endian twice and encountered the exact same problem.

(This is with version 2.3 btw)

Any help would be greatly appreciated  Smiley

Edit:
Just tried an installation in Virtualbox and it worked flawlessly. Looks like its a hardware issue. I will try Endian on another server and see how I go.
MAllam

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 November 2009, 01:30:31 am »

Hi,

When using virtualbox which adapters did you choose? Im having the same problem and unable to ping/connect to the IP for endian.

Thanks
Mike
tstrauch

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 November 2009, 09:47:01 am »

I am having the same issue.  After installation of 2.3, I go through the configuration web page and set up my four interfaces for red, green, blue and orange.  I wait for the reload and find I can not reconnect to my green interface.  At the console, I can log in as root with the pw I set.  When I do an ifconfig, only the red interface is configured.  The settings for the other interfaces are gone.  I did not have this issue with 2.2 RC3.  Of course, I did not have the issue of not being able to load 2.3 on my HP DL360 either.  The thread on exiting to the shell at install and issuing a few mknod commands solved that issue.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.