Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 19 April 2024, 03:34:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the official Endian Community Mailinglist  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6491 Members
Latest Member: roy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  Installation Support
| | |-+  No connection from outside
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No connection from outside  (Read 7421 times)
glynd

« on: Wednesday 25 November 2009, 02:11:51 am »

I have just set up Endian 2.3 and cannot ping or connect to port 25 from the outside. I have port forwarding set up and I think it is right but....
I have downloaded the configuration but there does not seem to be a way of uploading it for some help, unless I am missing something.

The port-forwarding I have set is from the Red uplink to the green network and a specific IP address. I have included the port in this case 25 in both the source and the target. I have also set up outbound forwarding for port 25. I can telnet to an outside mail server from inside to port 25 but not from outside to in.

How else do I describe how I have it set up?
TIA
Glyn
nopyobe

« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 December 2009, 01:41:57 am »

When you say "from the outside", where are you connecting from? Many ISP's will block port 25, so if you are trying to connect from across service providers, you may not be able to connect to that port.

My suggestions would be to hook a PC to your WAN port configured with a static IP so that the WAN interface on your Endian FW can communicated with the PC in a "testbed" environment.  Then try to connect to port 25 on the Endian FW to see if it is port forwarded to your internal machine.

Nopyobe
glynd

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 December 2009, 08:27:47 pm »

Hi Nopyobe, Thanks for this. I did manage to sort it out though. The problem was more my understanding of how to configure efw. It is not exactly intuitive to my mind. I thought the traffic is coming in on the red interface and I want to go to an IP address on the green network. So I configured it such. I had to change it to source - any interface, target - any interface and the IP address of the target host, and then it worked.

Anyway, again thanks for the concern.
Cheers
Glyn
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.