Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Tuesday 16 April 2024, 09:59:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the official Endian Community Mailinglist  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6491 Members
Latest Member: roy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  Installation Support
| | |-+  No access to Internet from GREEN network...?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No access to Internet from GREEN network...?  (Read 12617 times)
Vinbob

« on: Sunday 20 December 2009, 11:54:13 am »

Hi All,

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. I have EFW 2.3 working just fine on the Green network but am unable to connect to the Internet via the RED interface. I have a DHCP igned IP by the ISP and therefore, have configured the RED interface to be DHCP. I plug the network cable from the cable modem which normally goes into the Linksys (Internet port) into the RED interface but am unable to get out to the network even though the 'link' and 'status' both show 'UP'.

Can someone please advise what may be the issue here. Do I maybe need a different cable or should the standard cat5 cable which came with my Linksys router work just fine?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Vin.

To Add and just a thought - could my problem be due to now having to specify the Gateway IP on the clients on the Green network to be the IP of the Endian FW given on the Green network? I will try this later in the evening but it just occured to me and thought I would throw it out there for confirmation. Thanks!
Vinbob

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 December 2009, 02:13:25 pm »

Tried setting the gateway IP to the Green IP configured on the Endian FW appliance but still no internet access. Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,
Vin.
master_b

« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 February 2010, 02:26:00 am »

Hi everyone next problem: have hardware firewall (192.168.0.1) have nat rule for endian (192.168.0.2)
LDAP auth for users (NTLM auth dont work and cant join to domain error - controller not found)
EFW 2.3 in gateway mode to hardware firewall (192.168.0.1) and enabled transparent proxy with any-any for users
user have gateway to EFW ()192.168.0.2:3128) in http_logs - acces denied
if every where open any-any and no connect to internet whats wrong??

PS. if on user pc making gateway 192.168.0.1 everything work...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.