Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 29 March 2024, 05:30:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

The Latest Endian Firewall is now available for download HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  VPN Support
| | |-+  gw2gw mode connecting to debian openvpn server- manualy configured
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: gw2gw mode connecting to debian openvpn server- manualy configured  (Read 7279 times)
ianbaber

« on: Tuesday 15 December 2009, 09:41:53 am »

I'm using endian at my office and have an openvpn server running on debian lenny deployed at our colo, which allows access to a private subnet on our servers.  I'd like to be able to connect directly from our office to the management interfaces on our production systems.  I've tested the openvpn server from my desktop (ubuntu+openvpn) and everything works fine, the problem is configuring endian.

As several others have posted, the endian gw2gw configuration in 2.2 just doesn't work in some cases.  After setting the appropriate client certificate for the endian system, it is able to connect, but won't route any traffic.  the client config in /etc/openvpn uses device tap2, despite the fact I chose "routed vpn" in the web gui.  After changing the client vpn config to use "tun0", I restart it from the /etc/init.d script, and I can ping the private interfaces of all my production systems!

However, I still can't connect from any of the systems on my lan.  What do I need to do to make endian forward traffic from other systems to the vpn tunnel correctly?
Interzone firewall is disabled, outbound firewall is disabled.

does anyone have routed gw2gw vpn working in endian 2.3?  an upgrade might be simpler than debugging.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.