Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Sunday 28 April 2024, 03:34:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Bug tracker  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  Web GUI Not Accesible
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Web GUI Not Accesible  (Read 19923 times)
kieron

« on: Wednesday 27 January 2010, 06:25:18 am »

Hi Everyone,
I successfully installed endian on a machine with 2 nics installed and everything went fine, however the management url is not accessible from any computer on the network. I've tried running ifconfig and ethconfig, I checked all my cables and connections and still i had no luck, Does anyone have suggestions on how i could make access to the web gui?

Thanks,
Kieron

I have been trying to join this forum for quite some time t for a website that has such strict rules about vulgarity, I was surprised when this site itself gave me vulgar messages during my sign up process
danodemano

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 January 2010, 08:50:14 am »

Stupid questions, I'm sure, but:
1) Are you sure you don't have the WAN and LAN switched?
2) Are you using HTTPS on port 10443?
3) Can you ping the LAN IP of the Endian box?
4) Can you ping from the Endian box to something in your LAN?
5) Is the light lit on the LAN NIC?

Just some things I came up with off the top of my head.  I'm sure there are more, but that's what I got for the moment.
kieron

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 January 2010, 06:35:50 pm »

Thanks for the reply,

First of all they are not switched, as far as I know the the machine doesnt have HTTPS on port 10443, also nothing on the network is able to ping the endian box and the endian box is also unable to ping anything else. Boths nics have lights (and they were working perfectly fine previously in ubuntu)

I thought maybe the pinging problem was with the firewall on the client computers which are supposed to connect to the endian box, I made an exception for port 10443 on those computers but still it doesnt ping the endian box. I'm out of ideas.

I'm open to any suggestions.
Thanks
Kieron
danodemano

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 27 January 2010, 11:33:13 pm »

Sounds like a connectivity problem.  Do you have a laptop (or other machine) you can static IP then plug directly into the Endian box and see if you can get to it that way?  You may need a crossover cable to do this.

Also, if you log into the console and do "ifconfig eth0" or "ifconfig eth1" do you see the correct LAN IP address that you are trying to access Endian on?

A simply network diagram would probably also be useful in troubleshooting the problem.  I.E., mine looks like this:

|Internet|===>|DSL Modem (Bridged)|===>|Endian|===>|Untangle|===>|Core Switch|

--
Dan

(P.S. can we really not say head??? *goes back and fixes his first post so that head is not removed*  I mean seriously, does head really have to be filtered out, is head such a bad word that I can't even use head in words such as header???  OK....I done.........head)
kieron

« Reply #4 on: Thursday 28 January 2010, 03:53:35 am »

Thanks again for the reply,

I have tried setting a static ip on a laptop and connecting it to the endian but I had no luck with that. (I didnt have any crossover cable to try it with)

I have also tried running ifconfig as you said but I didnt see any ip address being displayed in the results.
Ok heres the network diagram.

Internet line from other section of the building ===> eth0 on endian box ===> eth1 goes from endian box to wireless router.  (as i said before all functions on the router are turned off as Im planning to use endian for dhcp)

PREVIOUSLY  things were set up like this

Internet line from other section of the building ===> Wireless router .... and everything worked, however performance was not the best, and this is why I have to get endian working

Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks
Kieron
danodemano

« Reply #5 on: Thursday 28 January 2010, 04:19:37 am »

I apologize, Endian uses br0 so if you run "ifconfig br0" from the shell of the Endian box you should see something like this:
Code:
root@gateway:~ # ifconfig br0
br0       Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:1D:92:B3:09:42
          inet addr:192.168.9.1  Bcast:192.168.9.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:180980 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:177979 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:31245596 (29.7 MiB)  TX bytes:169687512 (161.8 MiB)

In this case 192.168.9.1 is the LAN address of me Endian box.

When you connected via the laptop did the lights on the NICs light?  If then lit then you wouldn't need a crossover.  From what you are saying though, it kinda just sounds like your install got hosed up.  You may just want to try to re-install Endian OFF your network then connect your laptop and make sure it's all configured and working before you drop it on the network.

I don't have any other real thoughts, I'm sure there's something I'm missing but I'm not sure what it is right now.
kcwhited

« Reply #6 on: Thursday 28 January 2010, 07:45:01 am »

I have had this happen to me a  times with Various Endian versions,  if your Nics are the Exact same model it is difficult to know which is RED / GREEN unless you are sure of the MAC addresses when you install ENDIAN,  I have found its easiest to simply swap cables between the RED and GREEN network when I have had an issue like this.  I suspect you are having the same issue.
kieron

« Reply #7 on: Thursday 28 January 2010, 09:35:34 pm »

After some investigation I discovered that br1 is not functional in endian, only br0 gets an ip address, however when I run ethconfig it says 2 nics detected, I'm thinking its a driver problem.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Kieron
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 18 queries.