Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 29 March 2024, 11:14:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Download the latest community FREE version  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  EFW SMTP, HTTP, SIP, FTP Proxy Support
| | |-+  HTTP content filtering not working
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HTTP content filtering not working  (Read 8837 times)
escott

« on: Thursday 08 April 2010, 08:50:34 pm »

I have had this issue occur on two different Endian 2.3 installs with Red/Green interfaces.  After installing, I have enabled everything (IDS, Proying, DHCP, SMTP proxy, POP3 proxy, etc...), I enabled the DHCP server so that I can have the browser automatically get proxy settings.  I have non-transparent proxying enabled and am using local authentication.  I then create users (mom, dad, kids) and then groups (Adults and Children) and then different content filtering profiles (let's call them Adults and Children where children are set to 50 and adults to 200) and assign the groups to use the appropriate filtering profiles.  I then tested the authentication in IE8, Chrome, Opera 10.5, Firefox 3.6 and Safari and while the act  of authentication works (i.e. I am prompted to login when the browsers first open) once I'm logged in/authenticated, there is no filtering whatsoever!!!  As you can imagine, this is extremely alarming as I am wanting to use this system at home with my children being filtered more carefully than the adults.  However, no matter who authenticates, there is no filtering and any website can be accessed. 

Does anyone have suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong or is this a bug in the system.

BTW..  The first system is a P3-1.2GHz, 512MB RAM, 40GB HD and the second system is a dual Athlon-MP system, 1GB RAM, 40GB HD so I don't think the hardware is the issue.
Steve

« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 April 2010, 09:29:20 pm »

Have you turned on your outgoing firewall and blocked Green to Red port 80?

mrkroket

« Reply #2 on: Sunday 11 April 2010, 03:58:57 am »

I understand you. It occurs on any and ALL Endian 2.3 installations. With the fix on the link you should be able to filter out webpages.
http://bugs.endian.com/view.php?id=2300

Another note. By default Endian gives a tiny useless blacklist. It's small and not up-to-date.
Maybe you'd want to check http://efwsupport.com/index.php?topic=4.15
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.