Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 29 March 2024, 11:55:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

CLICK HERE for the The official Endian Roadmap and Issue tracker
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  VPN Support
| | |-+  VPN that allows Windows XP to use the native client
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VPN that allows Windows XP to use the native client  (Read 9718 times)
todd_dsm

« on: Sunday 06 June 2010, 07:11:36 am »

Hey all, first post - love the firewall!

I was hoping someone could point me toward some walk-through or documentation somewhere that will show me how to setup  a VPN so that Windows XP/Vista/7 can connect with the native windows client.

I'm testing on the latest EWF 2.4 install. Everything seems to be working fine. I have OpenVPN up and running right now but it took a half hour to walk 1 user through the install; there are 62 users total and this might take a long time. They are scared little sheep. I'm hoping by not using openvpn the install/config will be easier. Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

1) many remote windows users to connect using the native windows client.
2) samba (behind the firewall on the LAN/GREEN network) ports 137:139&445 should be available only to VPN users over the VPN connection (and not the RED connection in general)
3) once connected to the VPN, remote users should be able to double-click on a script (that works when they are on the LAN) to map drives to their laptops when they are remote.

Then users can participate in file-sharing from remote locations as they do on the LAN.

I wouldn't say I'm a newb but I'm just starting to read and understand the many different types of VPN. So, please speak clearly and, more important, speak slowly  Grin

Thanks in advance,

TT
todd_dsm

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 June 2010, 01:58:35 am »

Bump...
effgee

« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 June 2010, 06:08:00 am »

Please see my post..

efwsupport.com/index.php?topic=1791.0

Bump...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.