Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Sunday 28 April 2024, 01:25:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

The Latest Endian Firewall is now available for download HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  Help Installing VMtools on EFW 2.4
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help Installing VMtools on EFW 2.4  (Read 33490 times)
wheelz

« Reply #15 on: Friday 10 September 2010, 09:22:53 am »

I do have the same problem.  Those commands will rename them to eth0 and eth1 but I can't get it to persist reboots.  I tried the config files from the link you had but no dice.

However even after renaming them I still have to use the rmmod and modprobe commands before the networking will start working.  I think it comes down to the boot messages I get where insmod can't find \lib\vmxnet3.ko.  What's weird is I tried copying those files to that location and allowing full permissions but it still gives the same message.
wheelz

« Reply #16 on: Thursday 04 November 2010, 01:13:33 pm »

In case anyone else needs to do this, I tried this again and found out what I was missing.  It was simple enough solution that it was rather annoying that it took this long.  Anyway after you get vmtools installed, shut down, swap out the E1000 vNICs with the vmxnet(3) vNICs, boot up, reset the endian box to factory defaults, reboot, and re-run the initial web configuration.  This obviously will only work well if you are doing a new install but I think this only will have to be done once.  Also you should add this line to /etc/init.d/rc.local so the vmware tools services start:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/vmware-tools start

I didn't even need the fix-nic.sh or fix-startup.sh scripts when I did this.  You still have to do all the steps above to get vmtools installed though (editing vmware-install.pl/vmware-config-tools.pl/vmware-uninstall-tools.pl, installing all the dev tools, etc.). 
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.