Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Tuesday 30 April 2024, 01:12:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Reference Manual  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  Yet another QoS question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yet another QoS question  (Read 4059 times)
LttlScamp

« on: Monday 08 November 2010, 01:29:58 am »

Anyone know of any definitive information on how to configure QoS on EFW?  It really doesn't seem to work the way you'd expect.  For instance, I've created a new QOS device and set it to my main uplink.  I set the max downstream to 1600 Kb/s and my upstream to 100Kb/s. I have my Uplink Main - High Priority class at the top of the list.  I haven't defined any rules.

When I download something it looks like it is using approximately half of my downstream speed.  Why is it doing this when I don't even have any rules defined?  Should this be controlled by the rules?

Here is what I'm trying to accomplish.  Maybe someone out there can explain to me how it can be done:

I would like to reserve 50% of my bandwidth for a specific service which uses a specific port (let's say 563).  However, if there is no other traffic on the uplink originating from my LAN I would like it to use 100% of my downstream speed.  If there is any other traffic I would like that traffic to be able to use the other 50% of my downstream bandwidth.

Seems pretty simple, doesn't it? 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.