Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Tuesday 30 April 2024, 03:23:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

The Latest Endian Firewall is now available for download HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  Better than an FAQ... A suggestion for all of us
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Better than an FAQ... A suggestion for all of us  (Read 4127 times)
router-fun

« on: Thursday 30 December 2010, 04:47:37 pm »

I've been pondering on an idea for a long time that is valid for many technical topics, and might really serve the EFW community well at this time.

We need an faq, right?  But faq's presume you know the question to ask.  What we need even more is "What Every EFW User Should Know".   Short, concise pieces of information that are "tagged" with keywords relevant to that information.   This would not be the obvious stuff, but the things you eventually learn after much experience.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I don't have the skill to do this, but can only vouch for how this is a revolutionary idea (I think).  I have tried to find anything similar on any subject matter but haven't yet. 

I will add the first wysk (What You Should Know):

install endian with just one network card first, because sometimes it can't seem to make up its mind which interface to bridge or ? for the green interface.  Cancel the network configuration, then reboot, then shutdown, add/enable next network card, and then bootup and go back to network config.  Tags: Installation , network cards ,

My second WYSK:

when adding a host to "host configuration" I have never seen this work until I define the host, then reboot efw.  Tags: hosts

My third and last for now:

When enabling content filtering for the first time, it has never worked for me for at least an hour.  Then I thought I was doing something wrong.  I think it takes time for the dansguardian to load Huh I don't know, but I let it set for a  of hours then whatever content categories I block seem to work.  Also need to flush the cache, too, if the page to be blocked has been loaded at some point.  Tags:  content filtering , installation ,

Thanks to all of you who participate in this.

- Chad

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.