Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 26 April 2024, 02:51:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Reference Manual  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  EFW SMTP, HTTP, SIP, FTP Proxy Support
| | |-+  iPhone, YouTube and transparent proxy
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: iPhone, YouTube and transparent proxy  (Read 22939 times)
LttlScamp

« on: Tuesday 11 January 2011, 12:59:38 pm »

Any one else out there experiencing the problem where you're unable to view YouTube  on the iPhone (either through the native app or m.youtube.com) when using the transparent proxy in EFW? 

If I set the default access policy to "no filtering" (versus "virus detection only") I have no problems.  But as soon as the virus scanning is turned on it won't load a video.  It seems like this is a known issue but most of the posts relate to the iphone-wu.apple.com host that the native app connects to for some functions.  But the problem is also occuring with m.youtube.com which shouldn't be relying on the Apple host.

I've tried creating an access policy for the destination domain youtube.com, googlevideo.com, etc and setting it to no filtering but I have had no luck getting things to work.

Any ideas out there?
vondie

« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 January 2011, 08:28:23 pm »

Can you list down your EFW outgoing traffic rules here?
LttlScamp

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 February 2011, 01:33:58 pm »

This happens with our without the outgoing firewall turned on.  If I put my iPhone's IP in the bypass proxy list it works fine so it's definitely related to Squid.

I've seen some discussion about it in a few places (google "iphone youtube squid" - looks like I'm not aloud to post clickable links).

However, this is also happening with the mobile youtube site (m.youtube.com), not just the native iPhone app so I don't believe the problem described in the Apple forum is what is happening.

I also don't see any connections to iphone-wu.apple.com as suggested in the post when using the native app.  I think that info is somewhat dated but there is definitely still something not right.
LttlScamp

« Reply #3 on: Friday 11 February 2011, 12:21:17 pm »

Well, I've confirmed that Havp is the culprit here.  If I disable antivirus scanning in the proxy policy it's all good.

Looks like it's a known issue and can be solved by adding "SKIPMIME image/* video/* audio/*" to the havp.conf.tmpl file.  Unfortunately that option is only supported in .92+ and Endian uses .90.
kevsworld

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 22 February 2011, 10:57:04 pm »

I have the same issue and came to the same conclusion.  I guess the best solution for the moment is just to include the device (same issue with ipad and android youtube apps) in the bypass proxy list.  Hopefully, the next update from endian will solve this issue.

"unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; unmount; sleep"  - my daily unix command list
mrvllus

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 07 February 2012, 11:36:05 am »

I am running version 2.5 and am running into the same issues.  I have tried both suggestions here:

bugs.endian.com/view.php?id=3432

which consist inserting the following into /etc/havp/havp.conf.tmpl:

RANGE true

this did not work, so I added the following into /etc/havp/havp.conf.tmpl

SKIPMIME image/* video/* audio/*

This did not work either.

endianupdate

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 08 February 2012, 07:58:00 am »

I have created an Access Policy with the destination type of Domain and added .youtube.com to the domain list

Source - Zone (Green, Orange, Blue)
Access policy - Allow access
Filter profile - none
Position - first position

This should bypass all Contentfilter and antivirus scanning

Hope this helps
mrvllus

« Reply #7 on: Monday 13 February 2012, 07:41:28 am »

I went back and inserted  the following into /etc/havp/havp.conf.tmpl:

RANGE true

Then I made sure that the server was updated, which re-read the config and it started working.
ruhllatio

« Reply #8 on: Friday 24 February 2012, 05:59:58 am »

All,

I don't even do this.  I just make sure HTTP Proxy is set to Auto in the WiFi profile I use at home in the iPhone settings.  By default it is set to off in the iPhone. Without it, it blocks pretty much everything behind an Endian running Squid.  Apple Store, YouTube, etc.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 18 queries.