Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 26 April 2024, 03:29:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Reference Manual  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  Hardware Specifications - Endian Community
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hardware Specifications - Endian Community  (Read 10956 times)
beso

« on: Friday 06 June 2008, 06:19:04 am »

Hello Everyone,

I've been with IT companies in the past using products like Symantec Mail Security and Sybari (Microsoft) for Anti-spam and I have always noticed that there were issues with spam still coming through.  So, I have decided it is time for a change and have been looking into running Endian primarily for Mail Security to start but may implement the HTTP Proxy and IDS features as we progress.  It will be supporting at least 50 users and I want to make sure that performance will not be an issue.

So, I have been searching for any information that may help me determine the system resources that I would need to run Endian.  I was thinking about picking up an HP ML160 server to run this as I believe it should be more than enough to meet my needs even if our staff load was to increase significantly.  Also, it would provide me with support through HP for any hardware failures that may occur. 

I have deployed this in smaller environments on a custom built workstation but unfortunately I was not with my previous employer long enough to see the statistics of the systems.

If anyone has any suggestions or if there is any information on specifications (besides the minimum requirements) or if anyone is currently running Endian in a similar environment I would appreciate any help you could provide.

Thanks,
Beso
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.