Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Thursday 02 May 2024, 11:15:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

The Latest Endian Firewall is now available for download HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  EFW SMTP, HTTP, SIP, FTP Proxy Support
| | |-+  DNS Proxy and Anti-Spyware
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DNS Proxy and Anti-Spyware  (Read 11722 times)
Skeesicks

« on: Thursday 03 March 2011, 04:16:49 am »

Hi,

I am running Endian 2.4.1 and want to use the DNS Proxy with activated Anti Spyware but this does not work.
If I access a domain listed in the malwaredomains file or if I create manual blacklist entries, they are not blocked.

This is no dns cache issue, because I tried directly with nslookup and no dns answer is redirected.

I looked in /etc/dnsmasq and I saw a reference for  blackholedns.conf in dnsmasq.conf but  blackholedns.conf is empty.

If I disable the DNS Antispyware feature the entry for blackholedns.conf is removed from dnsmasq.conf, so I think the blackholedns.conf file is not updates successfully
but I have no clue, why!

I saw that there is a blackholedns.conf.tmpl, but some lines are commented out and some of the variables not set.

Has anybody been successfull enabling the DNS Antispyware feature on 2.4.1 or am I hitting a bug?

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Matthias
Skeesicks

« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 March 2011, 01:40:48 am »

Hi,

I think my problem has solved itself.

After running long enough (this is just a testinstallation, so it runs only frequently) the anti-malware is running.

I think the malwaredomains file was not donwloaded fully, because now there are entries in blackholedns.conf.

So all you have to do, if you encounter the same problem, is to wait for the list to download.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.