Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Thursday 28 March 2024, 07:49:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

The Latest Endian Firewall is now available for download HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6489 Members
Latest Member: GB-gattoboy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  Hardware Support
| | |-+  PCI ADSL Modem Compatibility
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PCI ADSL Modem Compatibility  (Read 7614 times)
fitzy89

« on: Thursday 16 June 2011, 04:49:28 am »

Hello

I'm reasonably new to Endian (I am switching over from pfSense which I have used for many years).

I have setup a machine with Community 2.4.1 and this is working perfectly and is great for my needs. I currently have a P3 866 box with 384mb RAM which seems to have excellent performance for what I use it for (home/working from home with an Asterisk PBX and a  of game servers). I currently use a Netgear DG632 to connect to the net with an ethernet cable from that to my Endian box. The Netgear is getting very old now and is starting to get unreliable so I am looking to replace it.

I was wondering if it is worth getting a PCI ADSL2+ modem to cut out the need for a separate external modem/router and if these are any good, is there a compatibility list of tested modems that work fine with Endian?

I am looking at this one and would like to know if anyone has tried this and been successful? [linitx.com/product/12181] (copy/paste the link between the brackets, it won't let me post the link any other way). Just thought I woulc check before I  it. At the moment we are only on 8mb broadband with Freeola.com but will hopefully be switching to Bethere.co.uk in the next few months so the modem I eventually choose will need to support 24mb speeds.

Any advice is appreciated.
Cheers
Rob
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.