Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Saturday 20 April 2024, 10:56:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Download the latest community FREE version  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6491 Members
Latest Member: roy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  VPN Support
| | |-+  Open Vpn Server
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Open Vpn Server  (Read 7752 times)
roderickali

« on: Saturday 10 September 2011, 12:15:15 pm »

good morning , I have an open vpn server I control 11 branches of a business from a customer, until a few weeks ago everything was working normal because they were 8 branches, but only rose to 11 5mb link optical fiber that I have provider tells me that encountered in traffic entering and trafisco outgoing 4.4mb 1.5 mb what you say is the reason for my slow internet and on occasions http output collapses, I need to find a way to regulate traffic vpn assets because by links vpn traffic is only passing a client-server application used to update inventory and invoices that I think should not consume more than 256kbps for its operation, so I like to do regulating the speed tests that the vpn to connect to the server open endian vpn 2.4.1

thnks for you help
mrkroket

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 September 2011, 02:00:52 am »

Try to use VPN firewall to allow only the traffic you want.
Another thing to do is correctly assign QoS values to your VPN connection.

VPN usually doesn't collapses internet connections. What usually kills the connections are P2P traffic (uTorrent, eDonkey, etc...).
roderickali

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 September 2011, 10:24:54 am »

thnks mrkroket, ask my ISP the graph of consumption we have contracted 5 mb, it sent me the user and pass cactive they use to plot and I have INBOUND  4.3MB and OUTBOUND 1.8 MB in most cases bone we are above 5mb hired on many occasions, I think the 11 vpn link I have for this branch is encountering in the vpn link is only going billing program data nothing happens http, pop, p2p or anything, so my reason for wanting to control the speed of each vpn
mrkroket

« Reply #3 on: Thursday 15 September 2011, 05:03:12 am »

With the correct QoS configuration it can supposedly limit each traffic to the kbps you want.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.