Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Thursday 25 April 2024, 01:43:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Get the new Updates directly from Endian  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  Hardware Support
| | |-+  max bandwith? 50Mbps connection, only getting 15mbps
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: max bandwith? 50Mbps connection, only getting 15mbps  (Read 14324 times)
eighty2scrambler

« on: Friday 20 January 2012, 02:03:14 am »

OK so we just upgraded our connection at the office from 15Mbps X 2Mbps up to 50Mbps X 5Mbps.

Excited as i was when we installed it, I hooked my laptop directly to the Modem, did a speedtest, and downloaded a 55mb file from file hippo (adobe reader). 

On the 15Mb connection the download speed averaged abot 1.5Mb, once we upgraded, the same downloaded file could download at 6Mbps resulting in abotu a <10 second download of the file.  It was really fast. 

So i unhooked my laptop, hooked up the endian firewall back to the modem, and continued my tests.  My connection is not nearly as fast as it was when it was directly connected.  The same file is only getting about 1.5Mbps download, the speakeasy speedtests show my connection is only at 15-17Mbps. 

Is there bandwith limitations on Endian?  Is there a setting that I might have off?  We aren't using many of the services, Proxy is transparent. Webfiltering turned on... basic stuff.

The endian box is Pentium D with 3.0G of ram,
eighty2scrambler

« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 January 2012, 02:04:48 am »

Forgot to mention... the Upload speed went from 2.0 to 5.0 without a hitch.  seems to be accurate running through endian on that.  Its the download speed that seems like it's limited.
AussieBloke

« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 March 2012, 04:31:58 pm »

The speed is the way EFW does its load balancing. You will not get the entire bandwith for each connection. If you notice, when you do multiple simulatenous downloads the speed will be the same for all downloads. Until you max out your bandwith.
jeremycald

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 11 April 2012, 01:30:04 pm »

Don't forget to check any Qos settings that may be limiting your bandwidth.  If they are set to allow a max of 15M then that's all it will allow.  Wink
eighty2scrambler

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 01 May 2012, 04:20:07 am »

I see.... Thanks for the help!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.