Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Wednesday 24 April 2024, 01:39:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Reference Manual  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  Aliases in Endian 2.2RC2
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aliases in Endian 2.2RC2  (Read 13607 times)
comrax

« on: Tuesday 26 August 2008, 04:50:47 pm »

Hello all,

I have a production-level Endian 2.1.2 Firewall installed, and I am utilizing its aliases function to have multiple external IP's on the red leg. However, I am considering turning to 2.2RC2 because the older version doesn't support port forwarding towards the outside world, with different external IP other than the default one.

I've looked throughout the Web interface, but couldn't find such a function. Or it is well hidden in the newly-designed interface, which to my humble opinion, is far less straightforward than the older one.

So, (1) where are the aliases in 2.2RC2?

Another issue is the outgoing port forward firewall. After I find the aliases, and set them up, I should probably be able to route internal IP -> external IP so that the later is visible to the outside world, and not the default red interface's IP. I've read it somewhere that 2.2 supports it...

So, (2) how do you setup "internal IP -> external alias IP" forwarding in the new version?

Thanks in advance.
comrax

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 August 2008, 11:36:00 pm »

OK, I am replying to myself after I've got all the answers  Grin
I hope this will assist others:

(1) To add aliases to the Red leg in 2.2, you go to (Network -> Interfaces) and then click "Edit" on the WAN's entry. This would bring up the "Uplink editor", and in there you click the checkbox "Add additional addresses" which enables you to add them using (IP/mask) format.

(2) The outgoing firewall which enables you to use external IP's instead of the default WAN IP is called "Source Routing" and it available in (Firewall -> Port forwarding / NAT -> Source NAT). The rest is straightfoward really for any system administrator...

In addition, I also have a solution for users of 2.1.2 Endian firewall. See here for details on how to install Source NAT in that version, even without the GUI interface: http://marc.info/?l=ipcop-user&m=116228977331835&w=2

By the way, in Endian, the relevant file is located here: /var/efw/inithooks/rc.firewall.local

That's all. Hope this helps someone...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.