Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Thursday 02 May 2024, 08:51:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Download the latest community FREE version  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  Cannot send/receive mail on BLUE Ethernet
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cannot send/receive mail on BLUE Ethernet  (Read 10910 times)
NinNin

« on: Tuesday 26 August 2008, 07:28:43 pm »

I did test EFW 2.1.2 with RED, BLUE and GREEN. Ethernet RED -> ADSL Router (192.168.1.0), GREEN -> my office network (10.10.0.0) and BLUE -> Wireless LAN (192.168.10.0 - for Guest). GREEN Ethernet connection is work well, but on BLUE Ethernet I have a problem about send/receive mail that I cannot solve it, users on BLUE can use web browser, MSN but cannot send/receive via mail client as Outlook express, MS-Outlook, Thunder bird or IncrediMail. Please suggest me about the solution - configuration.
I would like to attached my EFW picture configuration to explain my configuration, but i don't know how to insert picture to this Post, cause when i click button "Insert Image", it only show .
..::Bit71::..

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 August 2008, 12:21:33 am »

Hi NinNin......
it's very strange what you say, infact i've the same configuration, who you have, but at me the email go very well.....
maybe who you have make some roule where block the port 110 and 25 over blue ethernet.......
verify that and verify the proxy, how you have customize...........
bye make know........
NinNin

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 August 2008, 11:02:23 pm »

Hi Bit71,
     I already check the configuration, nobody block the port 110 and 25 over the blue ethernet. On the Proxy Menu I'm not configure anything on the POP3 and SMTP (leave it blank). Which menu that I should check, please...!!!
NinNin

« Reply #3 on: Friday 29 August 2008, 12:26:51 am »

Yesterday I try to install EFW 2.2 rc2 to another Hard disk and configure only two LAN card (RED and GREEN). I assign user to used "Local Authentication" and everything is OK, users can go to every web site, also they can use mail client to send/receive mail without any problem.
     Afterthat I did configure the Menu "Firewall" -> "Outgoing traffic" by UnSelect Rule 3 and Rule 4 (SMTP and POP), and Menu "Proxy - > POP3" : I select at "Enabled on Green" and "Firewall logs outgoing connections" and Menu "Proxy -> SMTP" : I select at "Enabled" and "Firewall logs outgoing connections" then restart EFW. Afterthat I tested same as above, I can go to every web site but now I cannot used mail client. An error message show Error Number: 0x800CCC0D (same problem as first topic).
     Then I go back to each menu and configure it to default value again. After restart EFW, I test it again the probelm still exist. I can go to every web site but cannot used mail client. An error occure still display 0x800CCC0D.

Have anyone can suggest me about this solution, please!!!
<I'm sorry for my english language, you may confuse when read my post>
..::Bit71::..

« Reply #4 on: Friday 29 August 2008, 07:50:03 pm »

Hi NinNin......
so what you do have make it, it's simpley block every email activity.....
Infat, deselecting the rule 3-4 over outgoing traffic (smtp and pop3) have disable all client to use the email client  Shocked
if you make this setting and active the proxy smtp and pop3, this value it stops, therefore, the functionality of the others two (it prevails)........   Cool
than...... leave active this rule, if you want to make control of the outgoing traffic.....
and active the pop3 and smtp proxy, flags:
enable over green - verify SPAM. chekout  Firewall logs outgoing connections if you not want take trace of what the others do..... problems of privacy, believe.... Smiley
in this mode must to go well all. Infact the error 0x800CCC0D of outlook it's mean : not found a connection for dw or up the email....... Tongue
if you have go back to each menu and configure it to default value again, and not go well, probably, not have save a change and it's the changed value has remained...........
if continue to not go, go to SYSTEM-> SAVING -> and choose restores the values of factory...........
GOOD LUCK Smiley
NinNin

« Reply #5 on: Sunday 31 August 2008, 04:14:28 pm »

Thank you very much, I'll try again on next week.
palamali

« Reply #6 on: Saturday 12 June 2010, 08:48:48 pm »

I am new to Endian firewall i made the endian as bootable CD . I am trying to install endian using my  bootable cd i am unamble to install iam getting only blue screen . Kindly anyone help me in this to boot
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 18 queries.