Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Thursday 28 March 2024, 10:33:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Reference Manual  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6489 Members
Latest Member: GB-gattoboy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  QoS for Upload/Download Throttling to Uplink Main
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: QoS for Upload/Download Throttling to Uplink Main  (Read 10151 times)
aalara

« on: Friday 10 August 2012, 01:14:16 am »

We have a Endian Community Firewall 2.4.1, we downgraded from 2.5 because of some issues we had with it.  We are using as a security boundary between our network and a "public" Wireless network we offer our customers.  We are using QoS to throttle the upload and download speed for each user to 512 kpbs.  Our QoS is configured as as follows.

- I set the bandwidth for Orange (100000) and Uplink main (10000)
- I created two classes.  In both classes I set the reserve AND limit to 768 kbps and set the priority to 10.  In my "Limit Upload to 512 kbps" class I assigned Uplink Main as the QoS device.  In my "Limit Download to 512 kpbs" class I assigned Orange as the QoS device.  All other classes were removed.
- I created two rules.  One rule had Orange specified as the source, "Limit Upload to 512 kbps" specified as the Traffic class, and ANY as the protocol and ToS/DSCP values.  The other rule had Uplink Main specified as the source, "Limit Download to 512 kpbs" specified as the Traffic class, and ANY as the protocol and ToS DSCP values.

Before we deployed this I ran a speed test and found that my test device was throttled to 512 kpbs in either direction, but now that we have deployed it I have found that with other users connected I am getting 0.1 mbps download and 0.09 mpbs in upload.  Is QoS restricting the whole pipe to 512 in either direction.  I though this was done on a per traffic flow basis.  Can anyone clear this up for me?
speccompsol

« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 August 2012, 05:19:43 am »

Yes - This is for the 'pipe' - a single user would get the full 512 while multiple users will 'share' the bandwidth specified - To provide 512 to each connected user, you would probably need to create a series of rules specifying each dhcp client ip address that you assign to connected clients - Best bet would be to determine what total bandwidth you want to provide to the wireless clients and set that for the 'pipe'
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.