Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Thursday 28 March 2024, 11:38:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the official Endian Community Mailinglist  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6489 Members
Latest Member: GB-gattoboy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  Access denied
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Access denied  (Read 15086 times)
gpalmia

« on: Saturday 20 October 2012, 07:24:25 am »

hi all
on my LAN, red network has the address on subnet  192.168.1.x while the green network PCs are connected through the subnet 192.168.0.x.
A web server has address 192.168.1.2 (it is on the red network) and I want to get it from the PCs on the green network, but endian blocks traffic.
In particular, if I try to access to the server with its IP address from the green I can have access, while if I use the host name Endian says "access denied to the  chache manager".
Can you give me some advice?
Thanks in advance.
dda

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 October 2012, 09:14:26 am »

Did you try white listing it or putting a rule in the firewall to allow outgoing traffic to that ip address on the appropiate port?
gpalmia

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 October 2012, 06:40:42 pm »

Dda Thanks for your answer!
Yes of course I have already tried the solutions that you show me; I do not understand why if I type the IP address in the browser can not reach the host and if I enter the symbolic address that does not happen (note that from the outside, from the Internet, all works regularly)
Thank you again.
dda

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 24 October 2012, 12:59:16 am »

Are you able to ping that address?
What is your subnet mask?
gpalmia

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 24 October 2012, 02:48:46 am »

Yes.
I am able to ping either  ip address and simbolic address.

All PC inside the LAN have subnet mask 255.255.255.0

Note that there is a mistake in the previous post: if I type the IP address in the browser I can reach the host and if I enter the symbolic address than I cannot reach the host (note that from the outside, from the Internet, all works regularly)
dda

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 24 October 2012, 07:56:46 am »

So you can ping the ip address or the url name and use the ip address in the browser but you cannot type the url name into the browser correct?
You should have put that machine in the orange zone rather than the red zone.
gpalmia

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 24 October 2012, 08:12:43 am »

OK. Thank you dda.
I'll try to follow your advices.
gbartley

« Reply #7 on: Thursday 25 October 2012, 12:23:44 pm »

I ran across this issue as well and for me it was the Proxy. I turned it off and I could access the site.

Hope this helps.

gpalmia

« Reply #8 on: Friday 26 October 2012, 07:50:42 am »

My real problem is that I have two web servers (two separate and independent physical machines ) that I would like to reach from the inside (from the LAN) and from outside (from internet). Setting the DNS server inside the LAN I can directly call to the two servers without problems, but for calls outside what should I do? If I set the DNS server so that calls from the Internet reach the same IP address, how  will I distinguish calls to one server from another? Instead if the calls from the Internet are directed to different IP addresses (my router can work with this configuration) how can I reach the two computer through EFW?
I hope I explained ....
Thanks for the reply.
gbartley

« Reply #9 on: Sunday 04 November 2012, 08:32:58 am »

Ok in a situation when you have two physical web servers that you want to be able to access from the internet you are going to need to use a reverse proxy. Currently I am using apache that is installed on an ubuntu server to complete this task on my network.
Once you have the reverse proxy setup you point all your port 80 traffic to the reverse proxy then it will direct the request to the appropriate server.

Have a look at this link for an overview. ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Apache2_reverse_proxies

hope this helps!
fqureshi

« Reply #10 on: Sunday 04 November 2012, 05:53:18 pm »

Gpalmia ...first try to run nslookup command on your endian console and see if your are able to resolve the internal address?? Otherwise you have to define your same dns which you are using on your other hosts into your endian firewall.

I have to define my dns when i had this issue ...

Secondly if you are using proxy it will use the dns which are defined in /etc/resolv.conf ....

As far as i remeber ...if you want me to confirm it for you ..i will check my firewall and tell u which dns it is using and when ..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 18 queries.