Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Thursday 28 March 2024, 11:59:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Get the new Updates directly from Endian  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Development
| |-+  Contribute Your Customisations & Modifications
| | |-+  EFW 2.5.1 Developer Environment Released
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EFW 2.5.1 Developer Environment Released  (Read 43929 times)
robert

« on: Thursday 15 November 2012, 05:02:53 am »

Note: Since this site doesn't allow "clickable links" I changed the URL prefix to http colon slash slash.

I've finished the first release of the Developer Environment for Endian Firewall Community version 2.5.1.

I created a project for it on my gforge site: http colon slash slash gforge.opensource-sw.net/gf/project/efw-devel.

There is a single tar file to download from the Files section.

efw-devel-1.0.tar.gz

The instructions for installing it are:

First install the released version of EFW using Gateway for the RED zone.  Enable SSH and connect to the server.

On the newly installed developer machine, run the following commands:

1 )   efw-upgrade (select 2 Development)
   2 )   curl -O http colon slash slash gforge.opensource-sw.net/gf/download/frsrelease/29/130/efw-devel-1.0.tar.gz
   3 )   tar -C /var -xf efw-devel.tar.gz
   4 )   pushd /var/efw-devel
   5 )   ./retrieve-srpms
   6 )   popd
   7 )   /var/efw-devel/setup-devel
   8 )   /var/efw-devel/build-pkgs
   9 )   /var/efw-devel/build-iso /var/tmp/efw.iso

You should now have a new iso image suitable for installing.

You can also browse the source for EFW in the vendor directory of the SVN section of the project.  I unpacked
all the SRPMS so you can view the spec files and patches directly.  For the packages that are specific to EFW, I
also expanded the source TARs and applied the patches so you can view the actual source code without downloading
and installing the SRPMs.

The changes I had to make to the SRPMs, to get them to build, are in the trunk directory in SVN.

Currently the documentation is the shell script files themselves Smiley
robert

« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 November 2012, 11:02:57 pm »

I just released version 1.1 of the Developer Environment.

This new version incorporates the additional SRPMs missing from the initial 2.5.1 source archive.

It eliminates the patched SRPMs reducing the size by 25%, patched SRPMs are created during setup instead.

Support for multiple releases of packages within a single directory are now handled properly with the latest one being used.
robert

« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 December 2012, 05:43:02 am »

I released version 1.2 of the Developer Environment.

This version fixes a  of issues that showed up once other people started to use it.  The main issue is with the installer
and libsmooth.  Due to a misunderstanding on my part about how the dependency between these two worked when I originally created
the environment, I was building the installer with the released version of libsmooth rather than my patched one.  The released version
leaves the settings files with the wrong ownership which breaks configuration from the Web GUI.

The other fix was to allow build-pkgs to be run multiple times.  The problem is that if you build the gd package with the X11 devel
packages installed it adds a dependency to the X11 runtime.  But the X11 runtime isn't installed on non development system so the
installer would fail installing packages.  This has now been fixed by uninstalling all the packages built by previous runs of build-pkgs
whenever you start a new one.

NOTE: Once you have successfully run build-pkgs to completion there should be no need to run it again.

One final note, I mirrored the SRPM archives from SourceForge to my GForge site.  I did this because downloads from SourceForge
were taking way too long 2.5 hours for the initial package of SRPMS.  SourceForge seems to have lost most of its mirror sites and the
ones that are left are being overused.  There are now NO mirrors at all in the entire United States.  I'm not sure what they did but they
seemed to have pissed off a bunch of their supporters.
martman22

« Reply #3 on: Saturday 15 December 2012, 01:31:36 am »

I am getting "can't find configuration file - /root/efw-dev.cfg" after running  "retrieve-srpms". I am not sure where to locate this file.
Thank you for providing this needed resource.

#Update -  found it at "/" and copied it to "/root" .  Building OK now.
robert

« Reply #4 on: Monday 17 December 2012, 11:15:45 am »

You need to follow the instructions on the gforge site for the specific release you are using. the instructions here are for the original release.
sreekupm

« Reply #5 on: Saturday 26 September 2015, 04:37:21 am »

root@efw:~ # /var/efw-devel/build-pkgs
/var/efw-devel/build-pkgs: line 57: rpmbuild: command not found
ERROR: Build failed for package - /var/efw-devel/EFW-COMMUNITY-2.5.1-201201271721/SRPMS/zlib-1.2.3-3.endian1.src.rpm

What I can do?  Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
inimennast

« Reply #6 on: Saturday 09 September 2017, 02:59:04 am »

WHY I have been trying to wait it  a upgraded FMIC. You trying to get me to spend  LOL How long they on ?
Atmotmefe

« Reply #7 on: Friday 27 October 2017, 01:40:53 pm »

I see p/ns for the STi springs in there too....anyone know if they are doing special pricing on those as well?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 19 queries.