Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 26 April 2024, 07:31:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the official Endian Community Mailinglist  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  Installation Support
| | |-+  [Solved]Installed a new NIC, can't access GUI
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Solved]Installed a new NIC, can't access GUI  (Read 10443 times)
blyxx86

« on: Saturday 05 January 2013, 12:09:28 pm »

Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I've posted here, but I had a new install and we ordered a 4-port NIC to install and segregate the network.  It's running two old Opteron 282 processors, but seems to be running like a champ!

Anyways, we had done the software install BEFORE installing the new NIC.  Not ideal, but had to be done.  Upon starting it up with the new NIC, we couldn't access any of the ports, IPs, anything.

I'm hoping this will help anyone else in the same scenario.

To fix this issue I recorded the MAC of the original GREEN interface and then opened up the /var/efw/ethernet/settings file to see which device was being used for the GREEN interface (in my case, it was br0)

Inside of the /var/efw/ethernet/ folder there should be a settings file for each br# interface, so I opened the one specified.

In /var/efw/ethernet/br0 it simply read "eth0" ...  Knowing that my NICs had shifted I did an "ifconfig | more" to find the eth# of the interface of my desired GREEN.  Turns out it got shifted to eth5 somehow.

I went back into /var/efw/ethernet/br0 and modified it to read the desired NIC... "eth5"

Restarted.

BOOM!  GUI access is back, and now I can rerun setup to set up the rest of the NICs.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.