Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Thursday 28 March 2024, 08:05:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Download the latest community FREE version  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6489 Members
Latest Member: GB-gattoboy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  [Solved] EFW 2.5.1 RED additional addresses not visible
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Solved] EFW 2.5.1 RED additional addresses not visible  (Read 6807 times)
vsenko

« on: Saturday 12 January 2013, 01:37:20 am »

Good day everyone!

I'm in the middle of migrating to EFW Community, but there is a problem I can't handle.

I installed EFW and set up RED Uplink with the main IP and three additional IPs from the same subnet. I can ping the main IP and the secondary IPs from their subnet, but when I try to ping them from anywhere else in the internet, only the main IP is visible.
I also tried to add a port forwarding rule. It works the same way - I can access the NATed server through the main IP from anywhere, but if I try to access it through the secondary IP, I can do it only from it's subnet.
And even more - I added the TRACE rules to iptables (iptables -t raw -A OUTPUT -p icmp -j TRACE, iptables -t raw -A PREROUTING -p icmp -j TRACE) and examined the logs. When I pinged the main IP from anywhere, I saw ICMP activity. But when I pinged the secondary IPs, I saw ICMP activity only if I pinged them from their subnet.
The secondary IPs are in the same logical subnet as the main IP - it's for sure.
I thought it could be the routing problem, but in this case the incomming packets should appear in the logs.

I am totally confused!
Suggestions anybody?
vsenko

« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 January 2013, 11:57:12 pm »

Spent some time analyzing packets and thats what I found.
Our Astaro box uses gratuitous arp to announce each of its addresses, but EFW does not. Is there any common solution or I should write s script?
vsenko

« Reply #2 on: Friday 25 January 2013, 06:34:02 pm »

So the solution is to run the following script every several minutes:
ip addr show dev eth0 | grep inet | grep -v inet6 | awk '{print $2}' | cut -d"/" -f1 | while read line ; do arping -I eth0 -c 2 -U $line ; done
This announces all the IPs attached to the NIC and their corresponding MAC addresses.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.