Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Saturday 30 March 2024, 01:41:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Download the latest community FREE version  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  Dashboard Network Information always shows NaN after paravirtualization
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dashboard Network Information always shows NaN after paravirtualization  (Read 14131 times)
gdampf

leave me alone

« on: Saturday 02 March 2013, 07:31:34 pm »

I created a Xen 4.1 DomU (hvmloader) and installed Endian 2.5.1 - all worked well, but slowly.

To improve performance, I switched to a PAE-Kernel:
>efw-upgrade
>2
>x@y.de
>smart install kernel-PAE

I changed the Xen-Settings to pygrub and netfront-ethernet-interfaces, so the endian DomU is starting paravirtualized and working well (I think pretty much faster than before).

/etc/businfotab is nor showing:
# Generated by ethconfig
eth0    XEN-eth0
eth1    XEN-eth1
eth2    XEN-eth2

But since I switched to paravirt. no Network Informations are shown anymore - just "NaN".
The same procedure worked well with Endian 2.4.1 !

I've seen, that the daemon collectd is now (2.5.1) using netlink plugin instead of interface plugin - may be this is the reason for the different behaviour compared to 2.4.1, but I am not such familiar with this details.

Has somebody managed to run Endian 2.5.1 paravirtualized and keeping the Network Information Dashboard workin?

It would be nice to share the configuration.
Begarin

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 May 2019, 03:09:14 pm »

Its really sad to see that noone has assisted with your question.  Unfortunately I'm no help, however I confirm that the latest 3.3.0 ISO version was working fine...until I did a command line efw-upgrade (which completed OK) then I got the Status Traffic graphs stopped working and the interface stats above show NAN.  Have rebooted. Have reloaded the upgrade.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.