Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 29 March 2024, 12:36:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Download the latest community FREE version  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  creating VLAN causes Endian to stop working
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: creating VLAN causes Endian to stop working  (Read 8031 times)
qwazi

« on: Friday 12 April 2013, 04:34:46 am »

Aloha,

I have multiple Netgear prosafe smart switches setup with 3 VLAN's.  When I try to create a VLAN in Endian I can no longer access the GUI.  I have tried multiple ways to do this and the result is the same every time.

If someone could explain how to setup a single VLAN on the Green zone without losing connectivity, I would be forever grateful.

qwazi

« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 April 2013, 02:45:46 am »

The number of threads on this forum with unanswered problems is....unsettling.  Considering my question is really very simple and straight forward, and no one has any comments makes me believe the support for this product is just not there.

I'm not going to waste any more time on this "bubble gum and bailing wire" product.  There's too many other open source products with good support out there.  This one sucks!! 

Good riddance Endian!
jeremycald

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 April 2013, 01:34:53 am »

For the most part the endian product is a great product.  However, VLAN support is lacking.  If you want something with full VLAN support take a look at pfSense.  It has great VLAN support and a huge following.  Although it is a bit more difficult to get your  wrapped around.
mrkroket

« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 May 2013, 12:31:36 am »

If done in GUI, VLAN can be tricky to achieve. You need at least two interfaces, use GREEN on one interface, RED as gateway, and configure VLAN's on the unused interface.
Then, redo the wizard and add GREEN to the newly created VLAN's.

Endian has full VLAN support, the only limitation is that you can have only 3 zones, so having more than 3 VLAN's is not very useful.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.