Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Saturday 27 April 2024, 07:32:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

The Latest Endian Firewall is now available for download HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  VPN Support
| | |-+  openVPN iOS client config how-to needed
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: openVPN iOS client config how-to needed  (Read 6585 times)
chappel

« on: Wednesday 01 May 2013, 06:08:48 am »

I've got a working EFW v2.4.0, and have been using the VPN without an issue on my Mac and a variety of PCs. I was excited to see Apple finally allowed an iOS based openVPN client, but I haven't had any luck getting it to work - I can't seem to master all the certificates required.

I tried adding various files along with the .ovpn (.pem, .p12) with the iTunes sync method, but my iPad insists on a cert that is installed in the keychain. When I try to import the .p12 file into the iPad keychain it asks for a 'password for the certificate', but I get the impression the EFW doesn't use passwords - at least every password that I can think might work doesn't (my VPN account, admin, root, etc). I tried to use the 'openssl' command line tool to convert the .pem file that I get off the EFW to a .p12 file *with* a password, but I can't seem to get the options right.

The root of my issue is that I really don't understand the difference between all these cert files and where they fit together. I'm not using a public certificate authority. Is there some sort of cheat-sheet or how-to that describes how to take the .pem from the EFW and convert it to something that the iPad likes? The how-tos I've found from Endian all assume some additional features from the paid version, and the help files with the app talk about certs that I haven't been able to figure out how to generate / retrieve / generate.

Thanks,

ch
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.