Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Tuesday 30 April 2024, 01:03:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Get the new Updates directly from Endian  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  virtual interfaces versus dedicated physical NICs
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: virtual interfaces versus dedicated physical NICs  (Read 7031 times)
gopher_49

« on: Wednesday 04 September 2013, 01:12:44 pm »

Is there anyway to create virtual interfaces off of one physical NIC?  Currently I assign a virtual NIC from my ESXi host to my Endian VM.  I then tag the virtual switch port in vcenter...  The physical switch that it's plugged into is also tagged... this works really well... But... I end up using a physical NIC for every vswitch I create.  I could assign 1 x physical NIC in ESXi and maybe tag that vswitch with multiple VLANs?  I'm pretty sure ESXi can do that, however, will Endian's VLAN menu work this way?
gopher_49

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 September 2013, 01:20:38 pm »

Is there anyway to create virtual interfaces off of one physical NIC?  Currently I assign a virtual NIC from my ESXi host to my Endian VM.  I then tag the virtual switch port in vcenter...  The physical switch that it's plugged into is also tagged... this works really well... But... I end up using a physical NIC for every vswitch I create.  I could assign 1 x physical NIC in ESXi and maybe tag that vswitch with multiple VLANs?  I'm pretty sure ESXi can do that, however, will Endian's VLAN menu work this way? 

So, basically does the Interface/VLAN menu tag the VLAN ID?  If so that will work for me.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.