Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Saturday 30 March 2024, 01:31:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

CLICK HERE for the The official Endian Roadmap and Issue tracker
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  Intel QuickAssist and AES-NI Support
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Intel QuickAssist and AES-NI Support  (Read 16587 times)
0xDECAFBAD

« on: Friday 25 October 2013, 02:07:24 am »

I'm going to be building an Endian router/firewall off of the Supermicro A1SRi-2758F with the Intel Atom C2758 processor once it is in production.  I'm wondering if Endian supports or has plans to support the encryption instruction sets that Intel is implementing that increases encryption performance?
0xDECAFBAD

« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 December 2013, 01:50:28 am »

I got the hardware put together and I installed the Endian Community v3 beta on it but I don't think the NICs are working.  I see br0, br1, br2 and one of them is the green interface with an IP address but when I run the network wizard from the console connection I get to where it tells me to select the RED interface but it doesn't give me any NIC choices.  Is this because there isn't driver support for the Supermicro A1SRi-2758F?  The Supermicro specification page for the motherboard says the NICs are "C2000 SoC I354 Quad GbE Controller".  I tried connecting all of the NICs to a switch and setting my computer to a static IP that is on the same network as the green interface but I could not get the computer to load the administration web site.
kieronrob

« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 December 2013, 08:11:15 am »

Hi,

What is the output when you run "lspci" from the console? This should show you if the nics are detected or not.

Chances are, these new cotrollers require a newer kernel, EFW is based on kernel 2.6.

0xDECAFBAD

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 December 2013, 02:24:49 am »

I ended up loading the drivers that were posting in this ticket: jira.endian.com/browse/CORE-629 and after I rebooted all of the eth devices showed up.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.