Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 29 March 2024, 04:25:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the official Endian Community Mailinglist  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  EFW SMTP, HTTP, SIP, FTP Proxy Support
| | |-+  RBL selection reversed by subsequent changes...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RBL selection reversed by subsequent changes...  (Read 9486 times)
S3@N

« on: Monday 23 December 2013, 10:54:29 pm »

Hi,

We have an odd problem with Endian 2.5.1 CE.  We have disabled most RBL's apart from spamcop and spamhaus.  This seems to save OK and works for a while but we often need to update our whitelists.  It looks as though during some changes the RBL selection is reversed!  So after a while we end up with massive amounts of email getting blocked because all RBLs EXCEPT spamcop and spamhaus have been enabled...

I've not yet found where the RBL settings are stored or modified so can't see what might be causing this yet...
McBob

« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 April 2014, 06:08:59 am »

For the third time for us since we activated our new 2.5.2 UTM in February 2014, disabled RBLs in the list have become enabled.  I have now hung up a reminder note to 'check RBL list after every save / apply cycle'. 

The top two - Spamcop and spamhaus on the IP side, and on the DOMAIN based side, spamhaus and rhsbl.dnsbl.sorbs.net - all rhsbl lists aggregated were set as enabled. 

I rec'd calls from 3 clients comlaining of rejected email beginning 20 minutes after adding to the whitelist this morning.  Checked RBL, all previously disabled were listed as enabled and vice versa. 

S3@N It is good to know I am not the only one.   I am searching for answers...
ivan_belev

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 June 2014, 07:53:32 pm »

So I was not the only one  Smiley This is very odd problem with serious impact. We've only had it once in the past 2 years. Let's hope someone will find the solution.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.