Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Thursday 18 April 2024, 10:39:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Bug tracker  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6491 Members
Latest Member: roy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  VPN Support
| | |-+  IPSec/L2TP Support in EFW 2.5.2 and 3.0
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IPSec/L2TP Support in EFW 2.5.2 and 3.0  (Read 23294 times)
EveningStarNM

The sysadmin of users' Hell.

« on: Saturday 04 January 2014, 06:03:10 pm »

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like IPSec/L2TP support for host-to-network (so-called "roadwarrior") connections has been dropped since EFW 2.5.1 and that only network-to-network (site-to-site) connections (which must be between EFW software or hardware appliances) are supported in the newer EFW versions unless we use OpenVPN. Am I correct? Or have things been rearranged in the UI and I simply haven't found where user accounts are configured for L2TP?
mmiat

« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 January 2014, 09:55:52 pm »

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like IPSec/L2TP support for host-to-network (so-called "roadwarrior") connections has been dropped since EFW 2.5.1 and that only network-to-network (site-to-site) connections (which must be between EFW software or hardware appliances) are supported in the newer EFW versions unless we use OpenVPN. Am I correct? Or have things been rearranged in the UI and I simply haven't found where user accounts are configured for L2TP?

I've EFW 2.5.1 and I've not IPSec/L2TP, unless I install ossw, that is not compatible with 2.5.2 and 3.0 b2

---------------------
IT Consultant
www.fsw.it
Hardware & Software
EveningStarNM

The sysadmin of users' Hell.

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 January 2014, 09:01:39 pm »

I've EFW 2.5.1 and I've not IPSec/L2TP, unless I install ossw, that is not compatible with 2.5.2 and 3.0 b2

Oh! Right. I forgot that ossw was what gave use IPSec/L2TP in 2.5.1. I sure hope it becomes available in 3.0. Using Windows' built-in connection facilities is much easier and less error-prone than using add-on client software.
phqr58

« Reply #3 on: Friday 31 January 2014, 07:58:43 am »

I also upgraded to 3.0 ENDIAN community since version 2.5.2. Ipsec VPN (network-to-network) successfully communicates remote office having ENDIAN 2.5.2 community but communication is cut all the time. Fallen stays longer than .
mmiat

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 04 February 2014, 07:45:37 pm »

Finally, I surrended and use Windows 2003 as L2TP/IPSec server. I founded www.softether.org too, it seems VERY interesting, but I've no tested yet.

---------------------
IT Consultant
www.fsw.it
Hardware & Software
hinge

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 11 February 2014, 10:05:59 pm »

Any help please. im using EFW 2.5.2 to my other office and to my Main office i use EFW 3.0 now i cannot connect both? im using IPSEC. there is problem about this? i hope anyone can help me about for my issue. Thank you..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 18 queries.