Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 29 March 2024, 11:42:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Download the latest community FREE version  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  VPN Support
| | |-+  OpenVPN routing
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OpenVPN routing  (Read 8515 times)
DesertConvert

« on: Thursday 13 February 2014, 06:05:03 pm »

Hi there,

I've been trying to get an OpenVPN setup going on my EFW PC. I know I am missing something somewhere, but I don't know where. Could someone guide me through step-by-step as to which settings I need for my particular case? Or even better, maybe just help with the theory (I've read several threads here on the forum, but I seem to be as thick as a brick!)

Essentially, I would like to set up the OpenVPN Server on my EFW so that I can connect individual remote pcs to my network. I have a server on my network doing the DHCP (192.168.252.0/24 range) and would like the OVPN server to hand out addresses in a range (say .160 - .170) when I connect - so I've gone with the bridged connection. I think my issue arises on the Firewall side. I can't seem to get the port (1194) open to the outside world. I've tried setting up routing etc. but I get more confused the more settings I try!

So, the main questions are:

1. How/where do I open port 1194 to the outside world? (all ports are routed from point of entry - the DSL router - to the EFW)
2. How do I route the OVPN traffic to my internal network so that I can access my data server?

Apologies if this has been covered in other threads, but I've been at this for days and I'm at a loss!  Sad
DesertConvert

« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 February 2014, 11:26:04 pm »

Am I correct in assuming that the EFW cannot assign IP addresses in bridged mode if it is itself not a DHCP server?
asghardurrani

« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 March 2014, 08:53:16 am »

Get on skype I'll help you out with ye EFW 3.0. hard to explain it here Smiley

DesertConvert

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 19 March 2014, 09:51:58 pm »

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not always . Besides, if we find a solution here it may help someone else in the future.

Regards,
DC
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.