Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 29 March 2024, 05:16:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Bug tracker  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  Installation Support
| | |-+  Installation issues
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Installation issues  (Read 15147 times)
aenigmainc

« on: Monday 19 November 2007, 12:07:44 pm »

I have a few IBM x306 series servers.  I was gonig to remake them into firewalls for a  of branch offices.  The problem is that Endian won't install on them.  I have tried both the 2.1.2 version and the 2.2beta1 version.  they both start the install, start making the file system, then crap out.  Thats the best result.  Sometimes it starts the isolinux boot process and takes several hours to finally just fail, during this process it never gets to the first question of do I want to install.

The servers install other linux's just fine  I have installed both RHEL4 and RHEL5 on them.  They consists of 2.8Ghz in the 306S and 3Ghz in the 306M.  Have 1GB of RAM, and SATA hard drives.  In the 306S i tried a single drive (failed), dual drives (failed), hardware RAIDed drives (failed.  In the 306M i tried the same things and even put the single drive into compatible mode. and it failed.  i have tried 1 80Gb drive, 2 80 GB drives, 1 500GB drive, and 2 500 GB drives, to no avail.

So, what i think i'm asking is do any of you have any idea what the problem could be.  I just want to get past the install procedure.  These are nice 1u servers and I'd hate to just junk them.

Thanks for any assistance.  If you need more info please just ask.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.