Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Tuesday 16 April 2024, 11:38:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the official Endian Community Mailinglist  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6491 Members
Latest Member: roy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  VPN Support
| | |-+  Connecting an EFW 3.0 (Community) appliance to a commercial VPN Provider.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Connecting an EFW 3.0 (Community) appliance to a commercial VPN Provider.  (Read 14081 times)
UTM_Novice

« on: Wednesday 04 March 2015, 09:53:40 am »

Hi all,
I've joined a commercial VPN Provider, and have effectively 3 "simultaneous" connections, meaning that I can connect 3 clients at any one time to the VPN provider. My preference would be to connect the Endian appliance to the VPN provider, and so effectively have all internal traffic traversing the Internet go through that one connection (and hence the VPN). Hope that makes sense?

Anyway, I've tried to set the appliance up in GW to GW mode, but no go. Has anyone successfully configured an Endian appliance to connect to a commercial VPN provider as I am describing? If so, I could use some advice on how they did so...

Thanks in advance.
Vids65

« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 March 2015, 09:22:24 pm »

Hi,
I haven't joined a commercial VPN Provider and so I have no advice for you. Sorry...
But I have a question beside your topic:
From your first sentence, do I have to understand that I wouldn't be able to have more than one VPN client at time* (no simultaneous connections) with the free EFW 3.0 ?
In order to be able to have multi VPN simultaneous connections*, do I have to  the non free EFW 3?

Thanks,
Vids

* from the same authentication account
UTM_Novice

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 March 2015, 08:31:58 pm »

Hi,
I haven't joined a commercial VPN Provider and so I have no advice for you. Sorry...
But I have a question beside your topic:
From your first sentence, do I have to understand that I wouldn't be able to have more than one VPN client at time* (no simultaneous connections) with the free EFW 3.0 ?
In order to be able to have multi VPN simultaneous connections*, do I have to  the non free EFW 3?

Thanks,
Vids

* from the same authentication account

What I mean is that I am allowed three simultaneous (UDP) connections originating from the same external IP address. And yes, they are all from the same account. Can't help with your simultaneous incoming connections (from the same account) to a Community appliance...TBH, it's probably a question for its own topic.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.