Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Thursday 18 April 2024, 03:24:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Download the latest community FREE version  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6491 Members
Latest Member: roy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  Installation Support
| | |-+  EFW configuration problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EFW configuration problem  (Read 8778 times)
jallidap

« on: Thursday 12 March 2009, 07:36:09 pm »

hi im setting up an endian firewall do i need an scsi or raid function for my work station
i have a WS and its specs is P4 with 1gb memry 40gb HD cdrom and 64mb video is this comply with efw 2.1.2 rc1
when i configured the red and green and fierwall settings and its nowt working may i have anyone can give me the
steps by steps configurations
necomputer

« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 July 2009, 01:00:48 am »

I know this is an old topic but for documentation purposes I think answering this is worth while.

I think the user may have had a problem after configuring the device's interfaces. The user probably didn't configure dhcp but was probably using dhcp on the network to pull an IP Address. This was something I forgot to do on my first time around. Therefore I connected to the endian firewall but couldn't get out to the Internet.

Make sure if your workstations use dchp that you setup the firewall with dhcp and that you release and renew your ip address (windows: ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew) so that your system pulls all the necessary addresses to connect to the Internet.

Again, I know the post is old but this is something that is still occuring with versions 2.1 and 2.2 if you don't configure properly
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 18 queries.