Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Thursday 28 March 2024, 10:39:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Download the latest community FREE version  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6489 Members
Latest Member: GB-gattoboy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  EFW SMTP, HTTP, SIP, FTP Proxy Support
| | |-+  DNS Anti spyware list don't update since september on EFW 3.2.5
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DNS Anti spyware list don't update since september on EFW 3.2.5  (Read 34053 times)
Kajowas

« on: Thursday 18 October 2018, 06:43:10 pm »

Hello,
I noticed that on my EFW 3.2.5 the anti spyware list don't update any more.

I set the update on daily basis (from Proxy-DNS-AntiSpyware) and found the task  "blackholedns" in /etc/anacron.daily
(If I change to weekly basis, the task moves correctly to /etc/anacron.monthly)

But even If I run manually the "blackholedns" task, which in reality is a link to /usr/local/bin/getblackholedns, nothing seems to happen and anit-spyware list is always stuck at September 2018.
(I see it from the main page of the web UI, or even from the date of the file  /var/signature/dnsmasq/phishtank.csv which seems to be the file that needs to be updated regularly)

My knowledge stops when looking at the "usr/local/bin/getblackholedns" which use a so-called "internal engine" and send a command "restart getblackholedns" but I can't see if it works or not.

Do somebody have some hints for me? What could I have to check furtherly?
Dark-Vex

« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 October 2018, 06:13:04 pm »

Hello!

did you tried to run getblackholedns with debug and force option?

/usr/local/bin/getblackholedns -fd

After launch it, try to check /var/log/endian/jobsengine
Kajowas

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 October 2018, 12:11:22 am »

Hello, thank you!
I just tried what you told me and with the option -fd it seems to work....

The list has been updated and obviously the log is ok...

Don't know why it didn't worked without the -fd option...

I will check tomorrow if the list now will update daily or not.
Kajowas

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 23 October 2018, 08:36:37 pm »

Ok. small update.
Today I tried without the "f" option, but only with 'd'. It worked.
(Only with "debug" mode and not "forced" mode)

I tried two times and found that it downloads the file only if it has changed from the previous download, so the second trial was correctly unsuccesful. (No changes in the remote list).

I don't know when anacron daily triggers the download command, but I guess it will be after 24h from the previous command. So I will check again tomorrow at this time or so.
rizkhan99

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 10:14:32 pm »

Hello,
I noticed that on my EFW 3.2.5 the anti spyware list don't update any more.

I set the update on daily basis (from Proxy-DNS-AntiSpyware) and found the task  "blackholedns" in /etc/anacron.daily
(If I change to weekly basis, the task moves correctly to /etc/anacron.monthly)

But even If I run manually the "blackholedns" task, which in reality is a link to /usr/local/bin/getblackholedns, nothing seems to happen and anit-spyware list is always stuck at September 2018.
(I see it from the main page of the web UI, or even from the date of the file  /var/signature/dnsmasq/phishtank.csv which seems to be the file that needs to be updated regularly)

My knowledge stops when looking at the "usr/local/bin/getblackholedns" which use a so-called "internal engine" and send a command "restart getblackholedns" but I can't see if it works or not.

Do somebody have some hints for me? What could I have to check furtherly?

Anyone please tell me how to download phishtank or any other vendor's signatures for EFW 3.3.0 community edition?

I am unable to add a URL in Anti-Spyware "Blacklist domains" option. It only allows adding domain names. But I have to add a complete list of millions of domain names. How to add them?
Dark-Vex

« Reply #5 on: Monday 18 November 2019, 07:24:19 pm »

Anyone please tell me how to download phishtank or any other vendor's signatures for EFW 3.3.0 community edition?

I am unable to add a URL in Anti-Spyware "Blacklist domains" option. It only allows adding domain names. But I have to add a complete list of millions of domain names. How to add them?

In DNS it's correct that you can insert only the domains, if you want to block the URL's you need to use the custom whitelist/blacklist of the HTTP Proxy in the webfilter section
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.