Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 29 March 2024, 07:48:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Download the latest community FREE version  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  Endian Proxying DNS
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Endian Proxying DNS  (Read 8088 times)
EndianUser

« on: Friday 17 May 2019, 09:20:03 pm »

Angry Why does Endian proxy DNS with no way to change it to DNS forwarding?

I've brought this topic up before with no luck.  Endian proxies DNS requests or something more bizzare. eg When trying to connect to onedrive.com I get a HSTS error, and when I look into it, it's because Endian has substituted a local certificate instead of the site certificate. Before you ask, No, all proxies are off and have been since install.  If I change DNS to external DNS the problem immediately goes away.  The issue is tied directly to DNS and the only work around is to use any DNS other than the DNS built into Endian.

Also, does anyone know if Endian actually sells their product?  I have submitted multiple requests for quotes to  the product but have never received a response.
Dark-Vex

« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 06:23:54 pm »

Hi,

this is due to the Anti-Spyware enabled by default on the DNS. If the signatures gets updated correctly the issue with onedrive should resolve by itself.
In case you can disable the Anti-Spyware by going on "Proxy > DNS > Anti-Spyware".
About Endian, yes they still sell their products and it's strange that they did not replied. From where you send the request? through their websites?

Cheers,
Daniele
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.