Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Thursday 28 March 2024, 11:15:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

CLICK HERE for the The official Endian Roadmap and Issue tracker
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6489 Members
Latest Member: GB-gattoboy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Development
| |-+  EFW Wishlist
| | |-+  Let's start this off
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's start this off  (Read 19164 times)
vetch101

« on: Friday 23 June 2006, 07:52:52 pm »

(Nice forum btw)

So - I'm liking the traffic shaping... But I think they could improve it a little bit...

Firstly - I realise this is completely aesthetic and in terms of functionality it's irrelevant, but it'd be nice to have up and down arrows to move the rules around - or if it automatically ordered them in Low, Medium, High and then Port number... But as I say - that's not terribly important...

What would be nice would be to have it read off user groups from the domain (like the proxy server does) and allow you to set particular users whose traffic shaping is different - e.g. an administrator could have faster ftp downloads than a standard user - or the directors could have faster browsing...

Also a time based setting would be good too - so that you could ensure that ftp or bittorrent was slow during the day, but fast overnight...

The other thing I was thinking about was that it'd be cool to have a way to break down the traffic graphs into applications - so that you could see what percentage of incoming traffic was going over HTTP, or FTP, etc... and if you could break that down into which IP address/user id the traffic was coming to - so you could check for abusers of the system....

That'd be pretty cool...

Jx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.