Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 26 April 2024, 02:18:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

The Latest Endian Firewall is now available for download HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  Installation Support
| | |-+  configuration hardware
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: configuration hardware  (Read 13729 times)
grupotecnologia

« on: Sunday 12 July 2009, 02:06:57 pm »

;)hello people i need know how is a bether hardware configuration to install endian firewalls.

thnks

rod
necomputer

« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 July 2009, 04:13:17 pm »

Compared to what?

If you are looking for a more stable configuration then I would go with an Intel based processor, with 1 to 2Gb of memory.... more will not improve anything but will make the system ready for upgrades in the future, at least a 40Gb HDD I would recommend 160Gb because that is the price point at this time where the price per Gb is the , Realtek NIC work well along with Intel (except dual NIC cards they have a few issues) and i would go for the fastest processor for the money.

I like the following motherboard config because it utilizes the atom processor and it's low power requirements (green is cool). The board comes fully loaded with serial ports dual on board NICs, USB, PS2, and an extra PCI for expanding the system. Get that board in a nice slim case with a optical drive, hard drive, and a  gigs of memory and your on your way to a nice system.

I also have a config running on a  end dell workstation that is working great.

For a more business professional piece of hardware I would think cybertron servers work well with there dual gig NICS, stable config. I haven't tried any dell or HP servers so I can't vouch for any of them.

Hope some of that info helps.
davvidde

« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 July 2009, 08:20:57 am »

I run Endian in a VM on VMware ESXi on HP ML350 2.50Ghz quad core processor, 8GB ram, 160GB mirrored Hard Disks, 3 NICs Gbit. Endian is assigned with 1GB ram and 500Mhz reserved CPU clock. Performance monitored with VMWare infrastructure client do not past beyond 400Mhz CPU with 10 users constantly connected. Proxy, antivirus and Dansguardian filtering are enabled.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 18 queries.