Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Sunday 28 April 2024, 07:21:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Download the latest community FREE version  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  EFW SMTP, HTTP, SIP, FTP Proxy Support
| | |-+  Proxy Whiltelist domain while phrase limit active
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Proxy Whiltelist domain while phrase limit active  (Read 10958 times)
DEpurpnijM

« on: Wednesday 15 July 2009, 10:25:20 pm »

Hi!

I'm running all port 80 traffic through EFW 2.2 Proxy with the phrase watcher active. P0rn and stuff like that is disabled. But this being - some articles of wikipedia get blocked because there are blocked phrases.

So how do I completely allow wikipedia since I don't know the ip-range, the proxy doesn't like names and whitelisting wikipedia doesn't help?

Thanks
npeterson

« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 July 2009, 03:03:04 am »

add wikipedia.org to the content filter whitelist (Proxy->Content Filter->Allow the following sites:)
DEpurpnijM

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 July 2009, 04:54:20 pm »

Hi!

well this doesn't work (as I mentioned)

It seems to me that the phrase checker is superior to any other thing. I did whitelist wikipedia.org and yes it is accesible. But just as an example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosteron this site will be blocked because the anti-p0rn phrase checker will detect unwanted phrases in that article and then block that specific site even if wikipedia.org generally is allowed.

I did find out the ip-range / subnet of wikipedia.org and therewith added a byp4ss rule for wikipedia.org to byp4ss the proxy but that's just a quick and dirty workaround and I'm not confident to find out any ip-range of websites I want to whitelist in future.

I hope now its more clear what my exact problem is.

Thanks

edit: had to type 'byp4ss' (meaning b.y.p.a.s.s) because of some phrase checker on this forum starting to annoy me, too ^^ (thats sad Sad )
bash3r

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 10 November 2010, 01:55:56 pm »

This is the same issue I'm having.

How can you allow a site completely even if the phase checker wants to block the site?!  Adding the site to the Content Filter -> Profile -> Allowed Sites does not work. Endian will still block it for phrases, so whitelist doesn't really work here.

Thank you!
kpswalin

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 31 May 2011, 11:25:43 am »

Did anyone ever have further suggestions or resolution here? I have the Phrase limit set to 100 and am blocking on all content and blacklist categories; since I have a  one in the house. In the content filter I allow
Code:
nickjr
and some pages are still blocked while
Code:
youtube
and
Code:
youtube SSL
are in the blacklist and she can still get to the sites Huh Proxy is operational and blocks pages based on weighted phrase limit... it just appears to ignore the white/blacklists.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 18 queries.