Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Saturday 27 April 2024, 09:11:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Reference Manual  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  Installation Support
| | |-+  Installer detects non-existent 0GB HDD
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Installer detects non-existent 0GB HDD  (Read 10939 times)
josephjaramillo

« on: Monday 17 August 2009, 11:00:45 am »

I just tried installing Endian Community 2.2, and wasn't able to get anywhere, unfortunately.  The installer brought up the "Software RAID" setup screen because it detected I have two disks installed: one 0GB (/dev/sda), and my actual 500GB target install disk (/dev/sdb).  There is only one storage device on this machine, and that's the 500GB disk it detected as /dev/sdb.  I have no clue where this phantom 0GB drive is coming from.  I chose "No" when given the option of setting up a software RAID, and was informed that my installation disk was too small.  It seems clear it's attempting to use the non-existent 0GB /dev/sda drive for installation.

I tried playing with a number of BIOS options to potentially disable whatever is causing the phantom HDD to be detected, but with no success.  It should be noted that I'm attempting to install to a USB hard disk.  One could think this is the source of the problem, but the installer correctly detected the disk and size.

Anyone have any ideas?  This would be easy to fix if the installer allowed the end-user to simply select a drive to use, but no go.

Very disappointing.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.