Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 29 March 2024, 05:32:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Bug tracker  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Development
| |-+  Contribute Your Customisations & Modifications
| | |-+  Load Balancing with Endian Firewall Community
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Load Balancing with Endian Firewall Community  (Read 141821 times)
Argen

« Reply #15 on: Thursday 21 February 2013, 09:15:01 pm »

I gave up on Endian, I went with pfSense, its so much faster, A LOT MORE features, and best of all... multiple WAN load-balacing built in!
Kajowas

« Reply #16 on: Friday 22 February 2013, 02:27:31 am »

I gave up on Endian, I went with pfSense, its so much faster, A LOT MORE features, and best of all... multiple WAN load-balacing built in!

pfSense eh? I tried ipCop before endian and I found the endian GUI more user friendly and complete.

perhaps I'll give a trial to pfSense too...
mmiat

« Reply #17 on: Saturday 16 January 2016, 02:58:06 am »

I've pfSense but load balancing doesn't work very well
in Endian Firewall isn't yet available? nor in Hardware Appliance ?
thanks

---------------------
IT Consultant
www.fsw.it
Hardware & Software
mrkroket

« Reply #18 on: Saturday 16 January 2016, 04:11:43 am »

About the load balancing itself, I just do static routing. It works for my needs, and I don't feel like tweaking EFW for that.
New EFW still doesn't have any load balancing option (or I don't see it).
You would be changing the template that recreates the rules, and adding there the weights, this way probably the uplinks watchdog keeps working.
I.e. Endian must create the routing table somewhere, and they updates these routes when some uplink goes down. So tweaking the route creation script would give load balancing with uplink watchdog.
But I don't tested that, it isn't among my priorities. I prefer static, predecible bandwith allocation between WAN links.

[post jacking]
mmiat, I'm interested on your thoughts about pfSense. I know you used Endian Firewall quite a lot, bugs aside żdo you think pfSense is better?.
I don't find pfSense user-friendly  at all. I just feel it... weird.  I don't like the packaging idea on a firewall, I prefer a full featured firewall with services disabled. This way all talks about the same.
IPFire seems nice, but it has many flaws (bugs, custom made packages that can backfires them, runs on 32bit...)

On a future I plan to recompile the whole Endian Firewall feature set over a stock CentOS 7 64 bits (or Centos 6 64 bits). In 2016 having 32 bit as the main kernel is just plain useless. Almost every computer has 64 bits and more than 3GB RAM,
This way 90% of packages will be vanilla from RedHat/CentOS, with full support for new hardware and virtualization, and we don't have problems with compiling things or weird stuff, and packages will be easier to update (almost a yum update).
 But it's only a idea, maybe there is no room for an Endian fork because majority of people moved to another distros years ago. And it's a task that takes months.
mmiat

« Reply #19 on: Saturday 16 January 2016, 09:26:55 pm »

mmiat, I'm interested on your thoughts about pfSense. I know you used Endian Firewall quite a lot, bugs aside żdo you think pfSense is better?.

I still use Endian, I've tried to use pfSense for load balancing because Endian doesn't do it, but it doesn't work well so I can think I can continue use Endian.
I've tried ipFire too, but it can't use multiple wan

so, for now, I think Endian is better

---------------------
IT Consultant
www.fsw.it
Hardware & Software
VestaShecy

« Reply #20 on: Monday 23 January 2017, 04:14:51 pm »

Dear Concern,
Why do need virtual hop setting for load balancing and failover?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 19 queries.