Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Sunday 28 April 2024, 08:41:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Download the latest community FREE version  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  RDP to machine on Internet
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RDP to machine on Internet  (Read 7841 times)
XI

« on: Tuesday 03 May 2011, 08:20:50 pm »

I want to make an rdp connection to an ip-address on the Internet from a workstation inside our network. I cannot get this working.

In the outgoing firewall I added a rule to allow the traffic to the specific ip-adrress from green zone. In the logging I see it is being allowed, but I don't get a connection.

What else do I need to configure?
XI

« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 May 2011, 04:34:52 pm »

Some more information:

- From the endian console through putty, I can telnet to the rdp-server on the internet on port 3389.
- When I connect from the client, I see in the Endian logging that the traffic gets allowed.

In which area must I find this problem, has it to do with the Proxy Settings? The proxy is running in "non-transparant" mode, because of users needed to be authenticated because of Access-Lists.
daehnomel

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 December 2011, 09:36:46 am »

I'd like to  confirm my suspicions.  if i'd like to configure a web or FTP server I'd have to configure a DNAT rule , an SNAT rule and an outgoing firewall exception? Is that correct? Three screens to get a simple webserver up?  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong because if not I'lll be looking for another router distro that's not designed by sadists.

On anotther note I read the endian manual port forwarding section, and I still don't understand what the Source and Target options are, they seem a bit redundant and the descriptions are awful.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.