Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Tuesday 16 April 2024, 10:17:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Bug tracker  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6491 Members
Latest Member: roy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  EFW SMTP, HTTP, SIP, FTP Proxy Support
| | |-+  Content Filtering not working
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Content Filtering not working  (Read 13362 times)
sixstringssteve

« on: Saturday 28 August 2010, 06:22:30 am »

I set up a test machine to try to see if this solution will work for my needs and I cannot get the content filtering to work for the life of me.  Under status is says it is running and on the dashboard it appears to be up but all the specs are 0...no misses, no hits, no blocked, nothing.  I have the content filtering profile set in the proxy settings and have it assigned to an access policy, but I can get to any web site I want to see.  I have tried to find some tutorial or something refering to inital configuaration to see if maybe I missed some critical step, but I can't find any errors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve
sixstringssteve

« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 August 2010, 06:40:49 am »

It seems that when I switch the HTTP Proxy to transparent it blocks everything, when it is not transparent it blocks nothing. Huh
swanseahost

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 September 2010, 03:58:38 am »

I had the same problem... contacted support didnt want to know... Tried to corporate version still didnt work... In the end went with ipfire 2.7 and it has imspector in it now Wink  Support is fantastic... Shame endian arent there yet
mrkroket

« Reply #3 on: Thursday 02 September 2010, 05:34:05 am »

It seems that when I switch the HTTP Proxy to transparent it blocks everything, when it is not transparent it blocks nothing. Huh
¿Are you sure you have the correct config in both users and firewall?

With Not transparent you also must configure your clients to use the proxy to <<EFW IP>>:8080. In this mode the default settings allow any traffic via HTTP (port 80). To avoid that ppl use the default port 80, you must remove the rule on Outgoing firewall.

With transparent one, you don't need to change anything on clients. In this case the outgoing firewall rule for HTTP isn't fired (the HTTP traffic goes thru HTTP Proxy)
swanseahost

« Reply #4 on: Thursday 02 September 2010, 05:57:48 am »

This is a bug that is still in the product from v2.2 Sad  Dansguardian needs to be updated on the firewall.  Unfortunatley you cannot complile so you will have to wait for a fix Sad
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.