Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Saturday 20 April 2024, 05:29:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

The Latest Endian Firewall is now available for download HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6491 Members
Latest Member: roy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  EFW SMTP, HTTP, SIP, FTP Proxy Support
| | |-+  HTTP Proxy Error when Antivirus scan is enabled
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HTTP Proxy Error when Antivirus scan is enabled  (Read 7259 times)
EdgarR

« on: Saturday 17 April 2010, 06:07:23 am »

Hello I?m a very enthusiast user of Endian Firewall Community release
2.2.rc3

It has been working fine for about 7 months! I have it on a 35 computer network. Recently (about 3 months ago) I started to use the http proxy to block access to some specific sites, then using the filter by category and has been working really nice. It?s important to mention that all the time I used the proxy with the ?Activate Virus Scan? box checked. Yesterday the clients started to receive this error message when trying to access any
site:
The following error was encountered:

Unable to forward this request at this time.

Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request:
ANYSITE
from this cache until you have authenticated yourself.

This request could not be forwarded to the origin server or to any
parent caches. The most likely cause for this error is that:
The cache administrator does not allow this cache to make direct connections to origin servers, and
All configured parent caches are currently unreachable.

Your cache administrator is renteria.j.edgar@gmail.com.

After reviewing the System Status Section of the web based GUI I see that the services related to antivirus (HTTP antivirus (havp), Virus scanner) and even intrusion detection are stoped! I tried to clear the cache of the proxy, restart endian, restore a stable config backup and the problem persists!

The only thing I can do to continue browsing is uncheck the box ?Activate Virus Scan? under content filer section on HTTP Proxy configuration after doing this I?m able to browse from all the computers on the network and also can use the content filter but I?m worried about work without the virus scanner? and also worried about more problems can present on the next days!

Its important to say that all the description above is from the GUI of endian, I have not tried nothing via command line or terminal because I?m beginner on Linux.

Thanks in advance to the people that use their time helping others! And hope some of you guys can help me with this issue!
Any comments or recommendations are Welcome!
zreis

« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 April 2010, 07:29:47 am »

I'm in the same boat.    ClamAV stopped supporting updates for versions before 0.95.         We need to update to the official Endian Community 2.3 release.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.