Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 29 March 2024, 07:41:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Download the latest community FREE version  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  EFW SMTP, HTTP, SIP, FTP Proxy Support
| | |-+  EFW 2.4 Proxy authentication settings missing
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EFW 2.4 Proxy authentication settings missing  (Read 6373 times)
niterider91

« on: Sunday 06 June 2010, 05:22:16 am »

Just installed Endian Community 2.4, fresh install (no upgrade) and I noticed the authentication settings for the HTTP proxy are missing, these options are listed in the  documentation but they are no where to be found: I also took a look at the  appliance demo (that is running EFW 2.3) and it too is missing these options. I really need these options for my setup too.

Click on the Enable HTTP Proxy toggle to enable the HTTP proxy (Endian UTM Appliance uses the Squid caching proxy). Once the proxy is up and running, a number of controls appear.

First of all, you can define the way users in each zone (GREEN and, if enabled also ORANGE, BLUE) can access the proxy. Per zone choices are:

disabled
    the proxy server is not available in the given zone
no authentication
    the proxy server is available to anyone (no need to log in) but you need to configure your browser manually or tell the browser to search for a proxy (WPAD or PAC)
authentication required
    users need to configure their browser manually or tell the browser to search for a proxy (WPAD or PAC) and need to authenticate themselves in order to use the proxy server
transparent
    the proxy server is available to anyone and no browser configuration is needed (HTTP traffic is intercepted and forwarded to the proxy server)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.