Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Thursday 28 March 2024, 07:34:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Reference Manual  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6489 Members
Latest Member: GB-gattoboy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  Installation Support
| | |-+  Fresh install and upgrade.......
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fresh install and upgrade.......  (Read 10521 times)
dtruesdale

« on: Sunday 05 October 2014, 05:19:46 pm »

I have spent my weekend trying to figure this out. I have done a fresh install (several times) and then ran the upgrade. After doing the upgrade, once I reboot the machine the management url is no longer available. If I install and just add my settings I can reboot and have acccess to the management url. When I run the upgrade it gives the "NoneType" error message after the collectd install. I am coming from Astaro/Sophos and have been using Ataros for well over 6 years.

This all started out as an experiment to find out what firewalls/UTM provided the best and easiest experience. Also the most ability. I went thru about 25 os's that I found. I narrowed it to 3 and then Edian came out on top. Now with this issue after trying to re-set this up and having this issue, I am wondering. I also tried a backup with no upgrade and it resulted in the same issue. The backup was made before I did any upgrades so if I had to go back through the setup i could use the backup instead of manually inputting everything. I was wrong once the backup was installed it rebooted and I lost the management url access again. The box ran all my settings where there because my network functioned I just couldn't add or change anything.

So I am trying to figure out how to upgrade and how this can be avoided in the future anyone have any ideas?
dtruesdale

« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 October 2014, 09:32:23 am »

I have come to the conclusion there is no real community support for such a great product. I like this fire wall but I also have support issues that are not being addressesed. With that said I am sad to say I will be returning to Sophos for now.
jomoryja

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 October 2014, 06:52:30 pm »

Hello,

I have installed many machines (V3.0) on hardware and VMware and never had this issue.
Maybe something that it blocks http access to the endian?
Are you on the green network with your PC?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.