Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Saturday 30 March 2024, 01:34:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

The Latest Endian Firewall is now available for download HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  EFW SMTP, HTTP, SIP, FTP Proxy Support
| | |-+  Proxy log export to text file
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Proxy log export to text file  (Read 15458 times)
eidii

« on: Thursday 15 October 2009, 08:23:49 am »

Hi everybody,
I have an Endian Community 2.2 already installed and I would like to have an automatic export of the Web proxy traffic to daily txt file.
From the console I found the acces.log-DATE.gz files in /var/log/squid folder but I need a simply log file like the one shown in the web interface in the proxy section: how to obtain it daily by crontab?
Another possibility is to send a console command by a script like when in the web interface I click on EXPORT button to obtain an export of the log file: but what is this command?
I need it because the owner of the company want access to this information (users intenet traffic)but I don't want to give him a very dangerous ADMIN access.....is there a way to create another user for web interface login whith read only rights?

Thanks in advance for help.
npeterson

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 October 2009, 07:27:25 am »

Those log files in /var/log/squid, IMHO are not that easy to read and not the standard squid log format; however you can decompress the file by using the gunzip -d <filename> from the command line.

The Endian log viewer is not that useful to me, my logs are often ~90MB/day and the endian log processor just isnt that efficient(aka slow). I've been working on a in house log parser for a while now.
eidii

« Reply #2 on: Saturday 24 October 2009, 08:07:35 pm »

Thanks for replay.
At the moment I build a custom parser in vb.net and by winSCP I syncronize the log folder in a windows server (this is a workoround because I don't find a solution for direct access to the endial file system by vb.net  Grin ).
the next step is to find what the flags means.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.