Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Saturday 30 March 2024, 02:30:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Download the latest community FREE version  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  Installation Support
| | |-+  EFW 2.2 (Com) - How to customize Mails, generated by Spamassasin
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EFW 2.2 (Com) - How to customize Mails, generated by Spamassasin  (Read 11079 times)
JMS

« on: Saturday 13 February 2010, 12:31:46 am »

Hello

serveral times i have tried to change the text of the notification-mail, generated by Spamassassin.
For example: when customizing the file /usr/share/spamassassin/30_text_de.cf, restarting the services and sending a Spam-Mail (with "XJS*C4JDBQADN1.NSBN3*2IDNEN*GTUBE-STANDARD-ANTI-UBE-TEST-EMAIL*C.34X in bodytext), the mail will be tagged as [SPAM], but the text in the body of the mail, generated by Spamassassin, is (suddenly) in english...
 Huh

Afterwards (and in my distress) i edited the file /usr/share/spamassassin/10_default_prefs.cf, (with english text) and restartet the services... but no success!!
I still got no idea, which templates are used by spamassassin. (It's a disaster, nothing is documented...)

Do you have any ideas, how to solve the problem and how to get customized notifications?
And... do you have any ideas, how to activate the spanisch notifications?

############################################

Hallo zusammen,

ich habe schon allmögliche Anleitung und Versuche unternommen, die von Spamassassin generierten Mails zu ändern. Ich komme jedoch absolut nicht weiter.
Wenn ich zum Beispiel die Datei /usr/share/spamassassin/30_text_de.cf entsprechend customize, dann den Dienst neu starte und mir danach eine Spam-Mail (mit "XJS*C4JDBQADN1.NSBN3*2IDNEN*GTUBE-STANDARD-ANTI-UBE-TEST-EMAIL*C.34X im Bodytext) schicke, dann wird zwar die Betreffzeile der Mail mit [SPAM] getagt, aber der Text der von Spamassassin generierten Mail in englisch... [Hä???]
In meiner Verzweiflung habe ich schon die Proxy neu gestartet, dann die ganze Kiste usw und sofort... ich bekomme es einfach nicht hin.
Ich bin daraufhin hergegangen, und habe die Datei /usr/share/spamassassin/10_default_prefs.cf, in der offensichtlich die englischen Texte stehen, geändert, doch auch nach Neustarten der Dienste erscheint noch immer der alte Text.
Kurios dabei: die Dateien /usr/share/spamassassin/30_text_de.cf oder /usr/share/spamassassin/10_default_prefs.cf beinhalten dann noch immer den von mir geänderten Text... Weiss der Kuckuck, woher sich spamassassin die Template-Texte zieht...
Entweder blicke ich es nicht oder das ist ein Bug ... jedenfalls brauche dringend Hilfe... (Im Übrigen darf ich schon mal festhalten, dass sich hier Endian - die Dokumentationen betreffend - nicht gerade mit Ruhm bekleckert)

Gibts von Euch Erfahrungen und Workarounds, wie die Notification-Mails von Spamassassin angepasst werden können?
Und ganz nebenbei... wie aktiviere ich die spanischen Sprache für die Notification-Mails?

############################################

Greetings from Germany
mrkroket

« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 February 2010, 02:40:31 am »

I remember on 2.2 I tweaked the config files to change mail notifications, not sure where.

Don't change those cfg's on /usr/share.
Try to add your custom config on /etc/spamd/local.cf.tmpl and on /etc/spamassassin/local.cf.tmpl (the template is the important file).
Add the report template at the end of the file:
clear_report_template
report blablablabla
report What you want

In that file also goes all other spam config: your score modifications to rules, mail tagging to spam, etc.

After you are done, restart spamassasin, see if it works.
If you have any doubts of the inner workings of any module, it's better to check the python scripts on /usr/local/bin. You can guess what config files they use and what they do to run each module.
JMS

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 February 2010, 07:11:08 pm »

Hello mrkroket,

thanx for your reply. I solved the problem by editing the file etc/spamd/local.cf.tmpl

Try to add your custom config on /etc/spamd/local.cf.tmpl and on  /etc/spamassassin/local.cf.tmpl (the template is the important file).

Changes in /etc/spamassassin/local.cf.tmpl didn't work.

Now everything is working fine.

Thank you!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.