Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Thursday 28 March 2024, 11:14:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

The Latest Endian Firewall is now available for download HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6489 Members
Latest Member: GB-gattoboy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  enabling antivirus hangs bootup, and gui
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: enabling antivirus hangs bootup, and gui  (Read 8283 times)
sonicsteve

« on: Tuesday 01 April 2008, 04:24:34 am »

Hi there,
I'm installing 2.1.2 because I find that content filtering doesn't work on 2.2 beta 3.

When I enable content filtering on 2.1.2 it works perfectly, infact I am very please with it's ablities to block.  However as soon as I try to enable antivirus on the proxy and then click save and restart it hangs the gui. I've left if for more than 30mins in this state and nothing seems to happen. Normally after any other operation (enabling other settings on this page) it will return to the main proxy settings page.   

It will also cause the boot process to hang just after trying to "enabling squid" or perhaps just after during the "ip accounting" part of boot up. It never gets to the IP accounting page by itself though. The only way I can get the server to continue is by pressing CTRL C. However if I do this it disables all content filtering. In the gui the checkmark is still checked giving the impression that content filtering is active but it isn't.

If I then uncheck the enable antivirus box and then click "save and restart" content filtering is then active again. I assume because of this that antivirus is hanging the server and not content filtering. 

Has anyone else encountered this??? I don't know if I can use this if I can't get both content filtering and antivirus to work.

Like I said before 2.2 beta 3 doesn't seem to be able to filter at all.

bl117

« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 May 2008, 03:33:48 am »

it doesn't work in beta 4 either.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.